Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moldys Opinion - Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

First of all, I'd like to mention that this game was a lot of fun.

The combat felt challenging, even on the lowest difficulty. Even though it had spiders... as an arachnofobe I really dislike spiders and the game had a good amount of spider-surprises ready for me.

One of the awesome and a bit annoying parts of the game were the monster dodging... where you are running for your life and have a fair share of close calls. Also... the monster boss fights were... again... awesome and yet a bit annoying.

My first move on character development was to get the stealth to max... and then be the "Terror of the Night" which... was awesome... The downside with my build... was that when ever I was spotted... it became a hard fight. As I was only using daggers, I wasn't really doing a lot of damage on head-to-head combat. Which made fighting spiders, a royal pain in the arse. Because you can't backstab them.

Now the drawbacks with this game were:
A. The loot is static... and it's exactly same on every playthrough... it just depends if you find it or not.
B. Although the game promotes choices in the game... for instance... there can be 4 different endings... the choices that actually matter... are... in the end... So... meh.

Also, the multiplayer... well... the multiplayer is actually good. But instead of the same skill customization... you have 5 different classes. All of them lvl during a match and you can unlock skills for the points you gain on lvling. Since the lvl resets on a new match... there is no real edge for the players who have played the Multiplayer more, except for skill of course.

I count Dark Messiah a good purchase and I recommend this game to anyone who would want a good first person action-RPG with a decent plot(oppinions may vary).

No comments:

Post a Comment